Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Hair...

I get a LOT of compliments on my hair. I've been gradually going blonde for almost a year now and I'm fully blonde now and not only do I love it, it seems to be popular with the strangers I run into on a day to day basis. Lol! So I figured that I would share the brand of dye I use (although, u can use whatever kind u like) as well as what I do to keep my very fine and delicate hair shiny and strong as well as keeping it from breaking so much from the damage. First off, I know that not everyone is inclined to use Dark and Lovely product, however, just because the lady on the box doesn't look like u, doesn't mean that the dye won't nourish your hair... and that goes vise versa. feel free to use a dye that u feel has the things that u want in a dye. Read reviews and make a well thought out choice... if ur coloring at home, that is. So... yea... I use Dark and Lovely in Luminous Blonde....
This is my favorite for 2 reasons, It really lifts my hair color, and the conditioner that they provide is amazing!
Of course, you want your hair to NOT break off from being put through such a harsh process, so to maintain a healthy head of hair, I like to use a mixture that you can totally make at home!
2 tbsp Mayonnaise for cholesterol....

1 Egg for protein...
mixture applied after washing the dye out of my hair...

1/2 cup of olive oil for moisture...


freshly dyed and treated with the olive oil, egg and mayonnaise mixture....
 This mixture is easy to throw together and you leave it on for about 10-20 minutes in a shower cap and then wash out and condition as u normally would. Do this once every 1 or 2 weeks in between coloring to keep your hair from breaking and looking so dull from being processed. It's pretty awesome!
I don't always wear my hair straight, but when I do, I make sure that I wait a couple of days to a week after I color it.... just to give it a little break.

Hope u'll try this and enjoy!
P.S. U can use this mixture on your hair even if it's never been colored... so do.

No comments:

Post a Comment