Monday, March 3, 2014

She Will Always Have My Heart...

A while ago, i started this blog with the intention of growing my Mary Kay business, not only my makeup artist business. Well, along the way, i fell more in love with experimenting with what different cosmetic companies had to offer. I've always been a bit of a rebel at heart.. even against my own rules. (Which is really not as productive as i'd sometimes like it to be, but that's neither here nor there) So i ended up getting away from my original lover, Mary Kay. Now, don't get me wrong, just about EVERY makeup look that i've done in the last 2 or 3 years has included Mary Kay product, but i stopped doing the full Mary Kay looks... and that's wrong.. Because Mary Kay will always have my heart.
I know what ur thinking. You're thinking that this must be the intro to me posting a top-to-bottom Mary Kay look... Well, no. BUT, this look i'm posting is a majority Mary Kay look. It's got the staples that i always use, (foundation, mascara, blush, bronzer and finishing spray), as well as Mineral Eye Colors (which i had gotten away from using... for no good reason at all).

Here it is folks...

 Fairly classy right? Yea, i was definitely a fan of the end result! Let's get started on a product list, shall we?

On the Eyes: I started by priming the area from the top of my crease up to my brow with Wet n Wild eye primer from the Fergie collection. Then on the brow bone i applied Mary KayMineral Eye Color in Gold Coast. Next, from the top of the crease to meetup with the Gold Coast, i applied Mk Mineral Eye Color in Chocolate Kiss. Next, i applied the primer to my lid. At the outter corner of the lid and a third of the way inward, i used MK Mineral Eye Color in Copper Glow. To the center of the lid (and blending with the copper glow) is Amber Blaze. The inner third of the lid is MK Mineral Eye Color in Lime. Along the crease, i used a dark brown wet n wild iconic eyeliner, then i used a dark brown matte shadow to smudge that line and blend the brown upward. Dipped a shadow brush in Chocolate Kiss to help with the blending. I used a baby wipe (because i always have those on deck) and cleaned up any eye shadow on my face, as well as creating a crisp line from the outter corner of my eye to the outter tip of my brow.

Liner time! Normally, i use Mary Kay Limited Edition Gel Liner, but i'm running extra low so i tried Wet n Wild's cream liner and i really like it! So yea, winged that liner out, slapped on some Ardell Demi Whispies (lashes) and moved on to my face.

I primed my entire face with Revlon Photo Ready primer then i used my knock-off beauty blender sponge that i got on ebay (don't hate) to apply my Mary Kay Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation in Bronze 5... i will never use another foundation.. like, ever! I used my Coastal Scents Camofladge pallet for highlighting and contouring. Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Golden Copper and Mary Kay Mineral Bronzing Powder in Canyon Gold and then i moved back to my eyes.

I lined my lower lash line with the same dark brown pencil and smudged that with the samedark brown matte shadow used in the crease of my lid. I used wet n wild iconic black eyeliner on my water line, Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara on both top and bottom lashes and Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Honey Spice at the inner corner/ tear duct of my eyes.

I lined my lips with a brown liner then blotted that. Then i mixed wet n wild lipstick in Bare it All, Sonia Kashuk (sp?... idk) gloss in an orangey color.. can't remember the name of it and this sally hensen gloss that is a super pigmented coral pink... obviously there's more of the Bare It All, but yea, mixed those on the back of my hand and applied to my lined lips with my finger.

Finished with Mary Kay Finishing Spray (Seriously a MUST HAVE) because it makes my makeup stay put and stay fresh like nobody's business!


And there you have it!

For more of me:
Instagram: @RacquelMUA
Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourMK

For Bookings: RacquelMUA@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment