Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dazzling Inside and Out

I've touched on this on my Facebook page Racquel Guess once or twice before, but since this is a blog about all things beauty....

I know i talk/write a big game about Razzle Dazzle and being outwardly fabulous here, but i do know that packing on the paint, dying the doo and making statements through fashion is not for everyone. I'm also very aware that many people don't find those things important at all. (Shocking right? I know!) But what i don't get is this...

Why is it that there are so many people who claim that all the makeup and hair styling and flashy clothes don't make a person beautiful... but are willing to bash a person's beauty because of it? If those things don't make or break a person's beauty... if beauty is found within (which i totally agree with)... then why not let the dazzlers be? Why not stop assuming that the decor is a cover-up for insecurity and ugliness and start getting to know people for who they are.
I've met many real, beautiful, down-to-earth people who loved to dazzle with a beat face, a good weave, and an immaculate wardrobe. I've also met some real, beautiful, down-to-earth women who just don't feel comfortable adding too much to their appearance... and we've all met an ugly, bitter, judgemental person who sat on a pedistal of their own... that were either, simple in their "earthy" "natural" "i don't need makeup" ways... or that were wrapped in faces "beat to the gawds!" "Weaved up" hair, and desiner clothing from head-to-toe.

The point i'm trying to make is one that constantly needs to be beaten into people's heads (apparently).. You CANNOT judge a book by it's cover! You can't determine that a person is not genuine by the amount of effort they put into their appearance. A love for variety and change in one's look does not mean that they are phony at heart. And the bare-faced person is not guaranteed to expose their true feelings or intentions... it's just looks folks! If i gave you 2 boxes, one wrapped in a beautiful bow and sprinkled with glitter, and the other made of unpainted cardboard and each held diamond rings of the same value... does one suddenly become more precious than the other?.....

And that's all i'm saying people.

No makeup... still alright lookin if i do say so myself (and yes i am nursing.. get over it if you're under it)

full face using BB cream instead of foundation... not my heaviest makeup

Early morning, leftover brows and mascara from the day before... no other makeup (check those dark circles)

Fullllll face! Foundation, highlight, contour.. everythang!
What doesn't change is the fact that these are all me. Same mind, same heart, same flaws... it's all just dressed differently.

Ps: Stop assuming that a person's love and want for makeup is a feeling of inadiquacy and need to cover up... we don't necessarily need underwear but some ppl won't leave home without it.

For more of me...
Instagram: @RacquelMUA
Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourMK

For Booking...
RacquelMUA@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I completely agree with you. When I want to get all dolled up, I do. If I don't feel like it, I don't. I truly do not believe that wearing make up and dressing cute is bad thing at all. I love the skin I am in, (even with the added fluff and fading stretch marks) and I don't suddenly become a different person if I am wearing stilettos and lashes. It's crazy to think that you lack depth or a heart simply because you enjoy being cute! Whatever I say to the haters!

    ReplyDelete