Friday, December 12, 2014

Brow Game....Not So Strong...

I've been doing makeup, both on myself and on various clients for a while now, and i've come a looong way. I started out trying to perfect the application of eye makeup because, for me, the eyes are the first thing a person sees on your face. From there I got pretty serious about brows and felt like I had a good handle on them when I turned my attention to the face. Highlighting and contouring, finding the right color blush, blending, priming, smooth foundation... those things were a bit of a struggle for me. One major factor that I had to learn to ALWAYS account for was lighting. I would do what seemed to be a flawless makeup application and the snap a picture and realize that, with a flash, the whole face looked like I hadn't even tried to blend it. So ghat's always on my mind. I tend to use natural light more than anything. I'm find the best window in the location and have my client facing it...even of it means setting my stuff up kn the floor. Now that i've gotten to the point where I feel very comfortable applying every aspect of a full face of makeup, I spend a lot of time researching better (yet still affordable) products, new techniques, and sovon... but I had an experience recently that drew to my attention that, while I can define some fairly freshly shaped brows just fine, the ladies who come to me in need of a wax but not wanting to have me tweeze their brows gave me a bit of trouble. You see, I tend to follow what the brow is naturally doing (or has been shaped to do). It your brows are waxed slightly uneven, there's only so much I can do to fix that. If your brows grow in a little...crazy, I have the worst time getting them to look sleek. I realized this yesterday. I did a young lady's makeup and she had...some..things going with her brows. They were unevenly shaped, growing in a bit sporadically, and when I was done, something just seemed...not quite right about them. I was a bit disappointes in myself for this, and I actaually didn't take pictures of her makeup and told her to send me some when she had a chance. When I received the pictures, I noticed that, DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN.. She had fixed her brows, making them a little thicker to hide the not-so-neat way they were growing in. Aw man! Well, to be fair, she is a makeup artist herself, so I felt pretty good that the brows were the only thing she felt the need to change. But it made me realize that I totally need to work on my brow game. Challenge Accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment