Tuesday, September 2, 2014

STACKED!

I've seen a bunch of posts (when giving makeup details) about stacking false lashes. Some ppl stack two different styles, some stack two of the same style... and it always looks nice, but I never felt like it was mandatory to try. If I wanted thicker lashes, i'd just buy thicker lashes..duh!
For those who don't know what stacking lashes is... It's when you take two false lash strips and lay them on top of each other, making sure that the ends and entire strip are totally in sync with each other, and then making them stick with a very thin layer of lash glue. You then apply the doubled strip to your lashline as usual and you get a fuller and more...luscious eyelash look.
Now, I for one, have seen it done over and over and thought that it always looked really great. But still, I never felt like I HAD to try it. Recently, I have been wearing more natural lashes. Wispies and things of that nature. Yesterday, however, I was set on wearing a winged liner, lashes and a bold lip... but the natural looking lashes weren't gonna cut it. Why not try stacking my lashes? Am I right? It just seems like what should happen in this instance. Well... i'm not a total dummy, so I decided to try it on some used lashes, just in case I did it wrong. Nobody wants to f $#@ up their brand new lashes. (Yes, my name is Racquel, and I reuse lashes...over and over again until they are worthless)
So I had a pair that looked like this..
Here is what they look like on my eyes...

Very natural, almost not noticable at all. So yea, these little gems served their time and had been sitting on my self just...chillin. because i had started wearing these here wispie numbers for a little more drama in my life...


Really great right? Long and flared yet still not beasty enough to look like way too much...to me. 
Well, I placed the first, shorter lashes on top of the longer and wispier lashes, made sure they were the same length and were perfectly aligned, held them steady and put a good amount of lash glue along the aligned strips... I let it get a little tacky, and then placed them along my lashline. This, of course, is after applying some very neutral eye shadow and a fairly serious winged liner. And here's what i was working with after that...


I mean...tell me that this is not a major yet still not too thick and drag-ish difference!!!
So very glad that I tried this and now I am HOOKED! No lash shall go unstacked!

There you have it! For more of me find me on
Facebook: www.facebook.com/yourmk
Instagram: @RacquelMUA
The Makeup Social: @Racquel_G

For bookings:
RacquelMUA@gmail.com
www.styleseat.com/RacquelMUA

No comments:

Post a Comment