Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Keepin' it Smooth in a Quick Tip...

Hey! Ok, so the best way to get a good face of makeup going is to have some smooth skin to apply it to, right? And everyone knows that the best way to smooth your skin out is to ? EXFOLIATE! So yea, ppl go out buying all the apricot or micro bead or whatever products, and if you're anything like me... you've got an amazing exfoliator right there in your house.
Now, I've tried sugar and honey, and that worked really great. Just mix the two and scrub-a-dub... But I saw something on pinterest a few months ago, about an age fighting homemade mask that included coffee grounds and I was intrigued.
So, I figured, why not wake my skin up while I get rid of my dead skin cells? I used the grounds that were in the filter of my morning coffee...yes, after I had made the coffee... after washing my face, I scooped about a teaspoon of the grounds into my hands and awkwardly slapped them onto my face and began to scrub. I didn't go full force with the pressure since I do like my skin, but I scrubbed in a circular motion for a good minute (maybe). I rinsed my face and it had an...almost oily feel to it. (Did u know that coffee beans contain their own oil?.. I didn't) I patted my face dry and it was not even real how smooth my face felt! I used less moisturizer than usual and noticed that my face had a glow that no other exfoliator (store bought or homemade) had given. It was.. like magic! I know, I think everything is like magic. But shhh. I've been doing this once or twice a week now for the last few months and I just feel like my skin is all around better. Plus my makeup goes on flawlessly... like, it's not a game. So... try it! You can use freshly ground coffee beans, coffee grounds from a can, coffee grounds that u've used... I don't think it matters. Try it especially before applying makeup and your mind will be blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment