Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lady in Red!

Hey! You may have noticed that I took a little break... ok a big break. I'm pregnant.. AGAIN and I just haven't been.. feeling it. I haven't been wearing makeup or doing anything grand with myself for the last couple of months, but I have been keeping busy with prom clients, graduation clients, birthday girls and I even hosted a mini makeup class... should be doing more of those because it was so fun!
Well, I got fed up with how blah I looked and I desperately needed a change. But what? What could I alter that would change my whole look?... hmm... MY HAIR!!! Not that i'm not still madly in love with blonde, but it just got a bit mundane for me. It was too me, if that makes sense. So I decided that I wanted to go red.. not all the way red, red that would ombre into blonde at the ends.. sounds wondrous right?

So here's the deal, I found this dye that looked like my dream color. Tectures and Tones in Intense Red. Sold!.. but, although the ombre effect came out perfect, the red was NOT intense at all. I was a bit heartbroken. I was sure the color would be great since my hair was blonde and didn't need to be lifted.. I was wrong and I got a dull, brownish red. I did some research and found that a semi-permanent hair color could save the day. I found one that looked like it would do the job, got some protective gloves and ran home to fix this mess before the fourth of july weekend ensued.
I washed my hair, towel dried it, as instructed and allowed it to air dry a little... because I do have children that I have to tend to. Then I proceeded to section my hair into 5 sections, rubber banded the stopping point of the red, just as I had when I dyed it the first time, slathered Adore hair color in Crimson all over from roots to rubber bands, threw on a plastic cap and blow dried it for a few minutes. I let my hair sit in the cap for about 45 minutes, I think before washing the color out....
So as i'm washing the color out, I notice that the dye seems to be staining my blonde hair.. the hair that needed to stay blonde! I washed it a good three times before giving up... I have an amazing head of red hair... with pink ends instead of blonde. Can we say FAIL?! I wasn't sure how I felt about it so I let it dry.. and it wasn't bad. But I wasn't quite in love yet.

There you have it folks! My short, yet emotional journey to becoming a red head. I must admit, i never would have thought to try red with pink ends, but i do love it!
Once i curled it, and got some makeup on, i felt like a new woman and my old self at the same time. It was a great feeling. I'm standing out in a way i like and i don't feel like i look boring. I'm going to enjoy this red for a while, then i think i'll move on to purple.. yes, i said purple! I'll definitely will make my way back to blonde one day.. blonde will always have my heart.


Speaking of makeup... Let's do a quit makeup rundown...
i used a deep red lip liner from avon (that's a thousand years old) on my brows to make them match my new red doo. Foundation: Mary Kay Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation in Bronze 5 (i got a tan). On the lids, i used a few colors from my new Coastal Scents Revealed 2 pallet, a blue shimmer pigment at the inner corners, Wet n Wild gel eyeliner pot, and some random lashes that i can't recall the name of. I used my Coastal Scents Camoflage pallet to highlight and Black Opal pressed powder in... deepest espresso?... to contour, Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Golden Copper and Cherry Blossom on my cheeks, Covergirl Mineral Loose powder bronzer in number... 425..? And i mixed a pale pink and nude lipstick from Wet n Wild on my lips... also.. i realize that i suck at knowing my product names off the top of my head... i apologize.

For more of me, find me on
Facebook
Instagram

to book an appointment

email me
               or
Style Seat



2 comments:

  1. ok I must say I like it a lot more than I thought I was going to. I was just envisioning so much going on with piercings and bright hair I just was begging you inside to to go back to just that like bohemian long beach wave blonde. So now that it's here though I do love it. It's very soft and romantic not punk rock. I would love to see some more blonde though at the bottom but still keep the pink so red, pink hint of blonde. How hard would that be? Like would you have to fry your ends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My ends are shot as it is and even after cutting 3" off (after the first try at red), i'm still going to need to take another 2" off, at least! That part sucks, but I have heard of using vitamin c and shampoo to strip color, so I may give that a go. In about a week or so, i'm going to touch up my roots, boost it with the adore and then maybe try to strip the bottom.... if i'm not too chicken. Lol!

      Delete