Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hibiscus!... this may be a bit of an obsession

A little under a year ago, not long after starting my Mary Kay journey, I ordered a few lipstick samples. I chose the colors that looked as little like something I could just run to walgreens and pick up as possible. At the top of my list was Hibiscus. The color was just so pretty to me. Anyhoo, when I got my samples, this color was just as gorg as I thought it would be... the problem?.. I ordered a bunch of samples and, being the... thrifty lady I am, I just used those bad boys (as well as the other colors) until they were gone. well, ADD set in and I got side tracked by dark lip colors and Target clearance items and totally forgot that I was in love with the beautiful Hibiscus. Well, putting in an order recently, I opted to throw in some items for myself as well as some things for me to have ready to sell. Let me just say that this color is one of those that looks best in person because photos do it no justice! even the sample had little to nothing on what u get from the actual tube! (i don't even know how that's possible)... Hibiscus is a perfect blend of red, pink, and purple, it's just all I need... to get by. lol! The photo below is the best photo that I have of this color. it's slightly brighter than in person, but u really get the demensions of the color so, here.....


So here's the eye makeup I paired with the Hibiscus... Step 1: used a tapered crease brush to sweep MK Mineral Eye Color in Silky Caramel into the crease. Step 2: Use a flat shadow brush to pat MK Mineral Eye Color in Gold Coast onto the lid and lightly blend it with the Silky Caramel. Step 3: Highlight the browbone with a super light layer of Gold Coast, then use a short haired shadow brush to add MK Mineral Eye Color in Coal from the outer corner to the outer edge of the crease. Step 4: Blend the Coal inward at the crease. Step 5: use an angled liner brush to add MK Mineral Eye Color in Azure to the inner corner of the lower lid. Step 6: use and angled liner brush to sweep Coal anong the lower lash line and blend where it meets Azure. Step 7: Liner and Lashes! Here I used MK Limited Edition Gel Liner Pot (no longer available) and Ardell Glamour lashes in Wispies.
Here's the entire look! The foundation I use is MK Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation in Bronze 3. the blush is MK Mineral Cheek Colors Cherry Blossom mixed with Golden Copper. This isn't a bad look at Hibiscus, it's slightly dark, but I think u get it. lol! ps: please excuse my brows, I have tweezed this terrible situation away. ;-)   F       
For Booking, Contact:  RacquelMUA@gmail.com
 Instagram: @RacquelMUA
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourMK











No comments:

Post a Comment